Elite Electrolysis offers permanent, exceptional hair removal services to people of all ages, genders, skin types, and colors. Our unique approach, attention to detail, and personal attentiveness have made us one of Albuquerque's best known permanent hair removal specialists. Elite Electrolysis' extensive experience combined with state of the art technology allows us to truly offer permanent hair removal solutions for any type of hair on almost any part of the body.
Your first appointment will include a consultation and demonstration, even if you have had treatments in the past. Our Skilled electrologist will create a special program tailored to your specific needs. A 15-minute appointment will be given during this consultation. This consultation must be done first before any amount of time can be performed. Please allow at least an hour to an hour and a half for that first appointment.
State-of-the-art Computerized Techniques & Modalities
We use the following techniques to treat any type of skin: Caucasian, Indian, African-American, teens, women, men, etc. The latest computer technology maximizes precision and efficiency while simplifying the treatment process. Medical electrolysis devices destroy hair growth cells with chemical or heat energy. All modalities equally destroy hair growth cells that cause hair growth. The modality used is the preference of the professional electrologist.
- Thermolysis - This advanced electrolysis technique has been popular since the 1940s. Thermolysis is a method that uses high-frequency direct current (DC) to produce heat in the area influenced by the hair. This direct heat cauterizes and destroys the dermal papilla. Death of the hair is by heat.
- Galvanic Modality - The original Electrolysis, pioneered in 1875, is a chemical method that utilizes an alternating current (A/C) to convert normal body saltwater in the follicle into a compound capable of destroying the dermal papilla. The chemical is produced only in the follicle and does not affect any other area. Death of the hair is by chemical reaction.
- The Blend Technique - Get the best of both worlds! The Blend Technique combines the above two modalities for truly unparalleled hair removal treatment.
How To Prep For Every Appointment
Your last shave should be at least 72 to 48 hours before your treatment. Doing so will ensure that the dead hairs have been removed and new growth will be present to kill effectively. Ice can be used before and after treatment to numb the area, this is also provided in our offices.
After Treatment Care
Above all, common sense and good personal hygiene promote healthy skin.
- DO NOT RUB, SCRATCH OR SQUEEZE treated area(s).
- Clean the area with a clean cotton ball or pad using Rubbing Alcohol/Witch Hazel three times a day for the three days after your treatment.
- If needed, use only one of three things: aloe vera, triple antibiotic cream, or tea tree oil. Please apply to the area with a q-tip - never your fingers.
- Do not wear make-up on treated area for 48 hours.
- No sun exposure of treated area for 2 DAYS.
- If small scabs appear do not scratch them away. Allow them to fall off naturally. This indicates a temporary healing process and it will disappear shortly.
- REMEMBER some re-growth is to be expected. If you will return when the first re-growth occurs, the roots are shorter and therefore can be treated more effectively.
- If you have any further questions, please call 1.505.463.2002.
For each friend you refer to Elite Electrolysis, you will receive 15 minutes free, a $35.00 value. Be sure your friend lets us know during their first visit that you sent them!